1. That approval be granted for the following criteria for inviting bids for funds governed by the Third Sector Grants Scheme 2023-24:
· Contribution to the delivery of key policies and priorities which are contained in the Council’s Corporate Plan 2022-2027.
· Reducing the demand on Council services. For example, promoting and assisting citizens to use the Councils digital services; promoting participation in discretionary services to increase footfall; or through early intervention and prevention activities that maintain or improve people’s well-being
· Levering in of additional resources. Applications that demonstrate how Council funding will be used to lever in additional resources in support of Council policies and priorities are particularly welcomed.
· Financial sustainability. The Council will wish to be satisfied that the applicant is not dependent on continuing Council funding to achieve financial sustainability.
· In addition to the above, applications are particularly welcome that focus on activities that will help community groups and societies recover from the pandemic and further develop community capacity/ collaboration - building from the community action that supported the response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
· The Council continues to provide funding for up to 3 years which will provide 3rd sector organisations with the security to apply for funding from other sources and enable a longer term approach to planning and securing sustainability.
2. That the minor amendments made to the Scheme as attached at Appendix 1 be noted.
Reason for Decisions:
To ensure funding decisions made for the 2023-24 financial year in relation to grants awarded under the Third Sector Grants Scheme are aligned with the Council’s overall priorities.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decision will be implemented after the three day call in period which ends at 9am, Monday, 1st August 2022.