That having given due regard to the first stage Integrated Impact Assessment:
1. Approval be granted to relocate the waste collection fleet to Crymlyn Burrow.
2. The necessary Planning and SuDs Approval Body applications as are necessary to deal with matters that are beyond the permitted development rights for the transfer station site:
3. Delegated authority be granted to the Head of Streetcare in consultation with the Head of Legal and Democratic Services, the Leader and the relevant Cabinet Member(s) to appoint consultant advisors to prepare any design and tender documents, and procure the necessary construction works.
4. The capital requirement for the project and approve the necessary capital expenditure by way of the waste reserve of £0.9m and prudential borrowing of £2.5m, the latter to be paid for from the waste management/waste collection budgets be noted.
5. Delegated authority be granted to the Head of Streetcare in consultation with the Head of People and Organisational Development, the Leader and relevant Cabinet Member(s) to give appropriate notice to staff and implement the proposal to relocate the waste collection service to the Transfer Station as soon as facilities are in place in the next financial year 2023/24.
Reason for Decisions:
To ensure future service needs can be met and efficiencies maximised.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decisions will be implemented after the three day call in period, which ends on Monday, 1 August 2022, 9.00am.
Staff consultation has been undertaken and informed the proposal, as set out in the circulated report.