Members thanked the Chief Finance Officer and the Finance Team for all the work they had undertaken in preparing and finalising the reports being considered today.
Having due regard to the integrated impact assessment:
1. The Council’s Revenue Budget and service plan investments for 2022/2023 as detailed in Appendix 1 and 2 of the circulated report be approved.
2. That £2.8 million from the insurance reserve be used to deliver a number of one-off investments to support Covid recovery including the recruitment of staff to deliver work around the best start in life.
3. That delegated authority be granted to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, relevant Cabinet Member and Chair of the relevant Scrutiny Committee too:
· Set Fees and Charges (Executive) for the financial year 2022/2023.
· Set Fees and Charges (Executive) which are applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the relevant Corporate Director, need to be set in advance of the financial year for operational reasons.
4. That delegated authority be granted to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, Deputy Leader and Chair of the relevant Non-executive committee to:
· Set Fees and Charges for (non-executive) functions for the year 2022/2023.
· Set Fees and Charges (non-executive) which are applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the Corporate Director, need to be set in advance of that financial year for operational reasons.
5. That in relation to any variation between the Welsh Government final settlement and provisional settlement. Delegated authority be granted to the Chief Finance Officer, in consultation with the Chief Executive, Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, to make any amendment necessary through the use of general reserves, as a consequence of the final settlement due on the 2nd March 2022.
6. That the proposal of no increase in Council Tax in 2022/2023 with tax levels being frozen at 2021/2022 values. The 2022/2023 band D equivalent for Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council will remain at £1,660.02 be commended to Council for approval.
Reason for Decisions:
To ensure the Council fulfils its statutory requirements to
determine the budget for 2022/2023. To provide a mechanism for dealing with any variation between the provisional and final Welsh Government settlement and to agree arrangements for setting Fees and Charges.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decision will be implemented after consideration and approval by Council which takes place on the 1st March 2022.
Consultation took place from the 5th January to the 1st February 2022 as detailed in the circulated report.