The Head of Legal Services gave an overview of the circulated report.
RESOLVED: 1. That the changes to the constitution for the Governance and Audit Committee from May 2022 to comprise of 8 elected members and 4 lay persons, with a lay chair being appointed by the Governance and Audit Committee be approved.
2. That Mrs Joanna Jenkins be approved as a lay person of the Governance and Audit Committee from May 2022 for a further period of five (5) years.
3. That a recruitment exercise to appoint 3 lay persons to the Governance and Audit Committee be approved.
4. That the eligibility criteria, application form and advert as set out at Appendix 1, 2 and 3 of this report be approved for use in the recruitment process.
5. That a selection panel be established as set out in the circulated report.
6. That a report be brought back to Council following the conclusion of the selection process for members to consider the views of the Selection Panel and consider the appointment of lay persons.