Council considered the various administrative issues as set out in the circulated report.
1) That the Policy and Budget Framework as contained in Annex A to the circulated report be approved.
2) That the Executive arrangements for the Civic Year 2021/22 in respect of the size of the Cabinet; the appointment of Members thereto; the appointment of the Cabinet Boards; and the allocation of the Cabinet Portfolios be approved as contained in Annex B to the circulated report;
3) That the apportionment of seats amongst the constitution of Political Groups for the Civic Year 2021/22 be confirmed as set out in Annex C to the circulated report (but it be unanimously RESOLVED that pursuant to Section 17 of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989, the political balance requirements of Sections 15 and 16 should not apply to the Appeals Panel, Standards Committee and the Licensing and Gambling Acts Sub Committee);
4) That the proposed structure of the five Scrutiny Committees and their functions and the apportionment of chairs of scrutiny committees amongst the constituted Political Groups and the member appointments to each Scrutiny Committee in accordance with the wishes of the political groups together with the re-appointment of the co-opted members to the Education Skills and Culture Scrutiny Committee as set out in Annexes C and D be confirmed for the Civic Year 2021/22
5) That the proposals in respect of the other Committee arrangements for the Civic Year 2021/22 be approved, together with the appointment of Members thereto, as set out in Appendix E to the circulated report. That the chair and vice chair of the Audit Committee be drawn from the opposition members of the committee and to be determined by the Audit Committee and that the Chair and Vice Chair of the Licensing Sub-Committee to be determined by the Sub Committee be approved.
That the terms of reference for the Governance and Audit Committee as contained in Annex F to the circulated report be approved.
6) That the proposed appointment of Members to other Member/Officer Groups as set out in Annex G to the circulated report for the Civic Year 2021/22 be approved.
7) That the proposed appointment (once approved by Cabinet) of Member/Officer appointments to Joint Committees, Outside and Other Public Bodies for the Civic Year 2021/22 as set out in Annex H be noted.
8) That the Committee Cycle and Timetable for the Civic Year 2021/221(including Member Seminars) set out at Annex I be approved.
9) That the distribution of the available Senior Salaries as contained in Annex J be approved.
10) That the structure for Democratic Services as set out in Annex K be endorsed.
11) That the Head of Legal and Democratic Services be granted delegated authority to amend the constitution to reflect the changes highlighted in the circulated report.