1. That the following matters be delegated to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, relevant Cabinet Member and Chair of the relevant Overview and Scrutiny committee:
· Fees and charges for executive functions, applicable for the financial year 2020/21
· Fees and charges which are applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the relevant Corporate Director, need to be set in advance of the financial year for operational reasons.
2. That the following be commended to Council:
i) Latest budget position 2019/20 – to approve the revised budget position and arrangements for 2019/20
ii) The Council’s Revenue Budget 2020/21
- Take account of the Equality Impact Assessment and Crime and Disorder impacts in setting the budget for 2020/21
- Approve the Net Revenue Budget requirement for 2020/21, and the service plans for the delivery of the budgets
- Approve the budget/forward financial plan savings (outlined in Appendix 4)
- Instruct Corporate Directors to progress the savings and improvement programme for the Authority
iii) Fees and charges for non-executive functions – that the determination of the following matters be delegated to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, Deputy Leader and Chair of the relevant Non Executive committee
- Fees and charges for non-executive functions applicable in 2020/21
- Fees and charges applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the Corporate Director, need to be set in advance of that financial year for operational reasons
iv) Council Tax 2020/21 – the 2020/21 Band D equivalent for Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council will be £1,615.59.
Reason for Decisions:
To fulfil the statutory requirement to determine the budget for 2020/21, to seek support for the Council’s Forward Financial Plan, and to agree arrangements for setting Fees and Charges.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decisions will be implemented after consideration and approval by Council.