Report of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services
Cabinet considered the concerns of the Scrutiny Committee in relation to Rodent Pest Control Charges and School Catering Staff. Cabinet responded that should any savings be withdrawn from consideration then an alternative proposal would be required in order to achieve a balanced budget.
1. That the following matters be delegated to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, relevant Cabinet Member and Chairperson of the relevant Overview and Scrutiny Committee:
a) Fees and charges applicable for the financial year 2019/20;
b) Fees and Charges which would be applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the relevant Corporate Director, needed to be set in advance of the financial year for operational reasons.
2. That the following be commended to Council:
a) Latest budget position 2018/19 – that the revised budget position and arrangements for 2018/19 be approved
b) The Council’s Revenue Budget 2019/20
- Taking into account of the Integrated Impact Assessment and Crime and Disorder impacts in setting the budget for 2019/20;
- Approves the Net Revenue Budget requirement of £288.168m for 2019/20, and the service plans for the delivery of the budgets;
- Approve the budget/forward financial plan savings (outlined in Appendix 4 to the circulated report);
- Corporate Directors be instructed to progress the savings and improvement programme for the Authority
c) Fees and charges for non-executive functions – that the determination of the following matters be delegated to the appropriate Corporate Director following consultation with the Council Leader, Deputy Leader and Chair of the relevant Non Executive Committee;
- Fees and charges applicable in 2019/20;
- Fees and charges applicable in any subsequent financial year and which, in the opinion of the Corporate Director, need to be set in advance of that financial year for operational reasons.
d) Council Tax 2019/20 – That the 2019/20 Band D equivalent for Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council be £1,556.59.
Reasons for Decisions:
1. To fulfil the statutory requirement to determine the budget for 2019/20;
2. To seek support for the Council’s Forward Financial Plan;
3. To agree arrangements for setting Fees and Charges.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decisions will be implemented after consideration and approval by Council.