Venue: Council Chamber - Port Talbot Civic Centre. View directions
Contact: Nicola Headon
Application to Vary a Premises Licence - Malthouse Petroleum Limited
Members considered representations made under the Licensing Act 2003, to extend the sale of alcohol, to provide the provision of late night refreshment, to make alterations to the premises, to remove conditions and to include conditions.
Representations were received in respect of the application from the Police requesting that additional conditions be attached to the licence. The applicant had agreed to the additional conditions.
RESOLVED: that the Licensing Officer to meet with applicant every six months in order to monitor changes.
that the application to vary a Premises Licence for MRH Sgiwen, A465, Neath Abbey Business Park, Neath, SA10 7DR, made by Malthouse Petroleum Limited of Gladstone Place, 36-38 Upper Marlborough Road, St Albans, AL1 3UU, be approved, as detailed within the circulated report, and subject to the following conditions:
1. A digital CCTV system will be installed, or the existing system maintained, such system to be fit for the purpose.
2. The CCTV system shall be capable of producing immediate copies on site. Copies of recordings will either be recorded digitally on to CD/DVD or other equivalent medium.
3. Any recording will be retained and stored in a suitable and secure manner for a minimum of 31 days and shall be made available, subject to compliance with Data Protection legislation, to the police for inspection on request.
4. CCTV images shall be provided to the police or to an authorised officer of the licensing authority within 24 hours of lawful request.
5. The precise positions of the camera may be agreed, subject to compliance with Data Protection legislation, with the police from time to time. The system must provide coverage of the following areas:-
a. The entrance and exit to the premises
b. The night pay window
c. The interior shopping area of the premises
6. The system will display, on any recording, the correct time and date of the recording.
7. The CCTV system will be maintained and fully operational throughout the hours that the premises are open for any licensable activity. The system will be capable of producing images of evidential quality
8. There will at all times be adequate levels of staff maintained at the premises. Such staff levels will be disclosed, on request, to the licensing authority and police.
9. Adequate waste receptacles for use by customers shall be provided in and immediately outside the premises.
10. The premises licence holder will ensure that an age verification policy will apply to the premises whereby all cashiers will be trained to ask any customer attempting to purchase alcohol, who appears to be under the age of 25 years (or older if the licence holder so elects) to produce, before being sold alcohol, identification being a passport or photocard driving licence bearing a holographic mark or other form of identification that ... view the full minutes text for item 1.