Venue: Committee Rooms 1/2 - Port Talbot Civic Centre
Contact: Nicola Headon
Application for the Grant of a Premises Licence - Little Goat Brewery
Members considered an application made under the Licensing Act 2003, for a premises licence, to authorise the sale of alcohol off the premises only.
RESOLVED: that the application for grant of Premises - Little Goat Brewery, 70 New Road, Ynysmeudwy, Pontardawe made by Steffan James, Eleri James, Mark Wallace and Annette Wallace be approved, as detailed within the circulated report and subject to the conditions listed below:
1. Opening Hours
Premises will not be open to the public
Supply of Alcohol (Off Sales Only)
That the application be approved subject to the conditions agreed between the applicant and Police which are outlined below:-
3. A refusal book shall be maintained at both the premises and in each delivery vehicle recording the date and time of all attempts by persons under the age of 18 to purchase alcohol. The book shall be made available to for viewing by the Police and / or authorised officer of the Licensing Authority on request.
4. If alcohol is delivered by an employee, or partner delivering on behalf of the business, a vehicle delivery log must be kept specifying the following;
The quantity of alcohol purchased,
The description of alcohol purchased,
The price of the alcohol purchased,
Name and address of the person placing the order,
The name and address of the person to whom and where the delivery is made if different from d. above
5. All delivery drivers must allow the Police, or Authorised Officer of the Local Authority, to inspect any alcohol or register on request.
6. A proof of age declaration will be required from any person who purchases alcohol, by whatever means the premises operates at point of sale.
7. A Challenge 25 policy shall be implemented and proof of age shall be requested, by any employee or partner delivering on behalf of the business, from any person who appears to be under the age of 25 years who attempts to accept delivery of alcohol. The means of verification should be a form of identification which bears their photograph, date of birth and a holographic mark and should be restricted to:-
P.A.S.S Accredited Proof of Age Schemes e.g. Citizen Card,
Photocard driving licence or passport.
8. All staff engaged in either the sale or delivery are to receive training in relation to age related sales and the premises to keep up to date records of staff training in respect of age related sales, in written or electronic format, available for inspection on request by an authorised officer
The premises licence holder shall maintain an accurate and up to date record of all sales of alcohol. This information shall be made available to Police and authorised officers of the Local Authority when requested.