Members discussed the CAMEO refund, as detailed in the circulated report, and noted that this would be subject to change in future years, as more crematoriums joined up to the scheme.
RESOLVED: 1. That the revised budget 2020/21 be agreed (including the refund of £100,000 to the constituent authorities).
2. That the budget for 2021/22 be agreed.
3. That the precept to be levied for 2021/22, be confirmed as:
- Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council - £553
- Bridgend County Borough Council - £447
4. That the fees and charges for 2021/22 (as set out in Appendix 2 to the circulated report) be agreed.
5. That the projected position in relation to the reserves position be noted.
Report of the Treasurer
The Treasurer gave an overview of the circulated report.
Members also discussed the best use of the monies within the Palm Sunday Fund. A report would be presented to Members at the next meeting of the Joint Committee, with regards the above, and this additional recommendation was reflected at decision No. 5 below.
RESOLVED: 1. That the Outturn report for 2018/19 be approved;
2. That the Annual Return, prior to Audit Certificate for the year ended 31 March 2019 be approved;
3. That the Chairperson of the Margam Crematorium Joint Committee sign the Annual Return and it be submitted to the external auditors for consideration;
4. That the Annual Governance Statement be confirmed;
5. That a report on the proposed usage of the Palm Sunday Fund be brought to the next meeting of the Margam Crematorium Joint Committee.