Decision Maker: Social Care, Health and Wellbeing Cabinet Board
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the Supporting People Local Commissioning Plan Annual Update for 2019 be endorsed;
2. That the progress to date be noted;
3. That the Head of Adult Services be granted delegated authority to enter into new interim contractual arrangements with existing providers whose contracts expire on 31 March 2019 for a period of up to 12 months, subject to a 3 month notice period.
4. If required approval be granted for Officers to commence any public consultation to support the recommissioning and procurement of services;
5. That approval be granted to undertake competitive procurement exercises to re-commission the following Supporting People Programme Grant funded services. These would be in addition to both Mental Health and Domestic Abuse Services previously approved by Members:
· Extra Care Services (working jointly with Social Services colleagues)
· Substance Misuse Services (working jointly with Partnership and Community Cohesion colleagues)
6. That the Head of Adult Services be granted delegated authority to enter into new contracts with the bidder(s) evaluated as offering the most economically advantageous tender (taking into account the quality and cost of the bids) in respect of each of the Supporting People Programme Grant funded services that are competitively tendered.
Reasons for Decisions:
The Annual Review sets out the Council’s strategic priorities in 2019 for key partners and stakeholders.
Permission to enter into new interim contractual arrangements with those providers who’s contract will end on 31 March 2019 will ensure that there is a continuing contractual basis to make payment for these vital front-line support services whilst ongoing procurement exercises take place. This will ensure existing service user’s provision is not disrupted.
Commencing procurement processes to re-commission services and entering into contracts with the successful bidder(s) will ensure that services purchased by the Council are of high quality, strategically relevant to the requirements of the Supporting People Programme Grant conditions, best placed to meet changing needs and demands of the local population and achieves best value for money.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decision will be implemented after the three day call in period.
Publication date: 08/03/2019
Date of decision: 07/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2019 - Social Care, Health and Wellbeing Cabinet Board