Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
For Immediate Implementation
Having given due regard to the Integrated Impact Screening Assessment:
1. That a bid for a Freeport covering the port of Port Talbot and the port of Milford Haven and surrounding areas, in the form annexed at Appendix B of the circulated report, subject to any variations that may be necessary prior for submission be approved.
2. That the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of Council be granted delegated authority to agree amendments to the Bid prior to its final submission to the Welsh Government.
3. That the nomination for Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council to be the Accountable Body for the proposed Framework be approved.
4. That the Leader of Council submits a letter to the Welsh Government reflecting Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council’s support for a Freeport covering the port of Port Talbot and the port of Milford Haven.
5. That the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader take action as may be necessary to promote the merits of the Bid post submission up to the point of Ministers decisions on the success/otherwise of the bid.
Publication date: 21/11/2022
Date of decision: 21/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/11/2022 - Cabinet