Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the acquisition of NPT Recycling Limited assets for £750,000, be approved, and that this amount be built into the Council’s 2019/20 Capital Programme;
2. That the Heads of Terms setting out the proposed arrangements concerning the liquidation of NPT Recycling Ltd, and the indemnities and warranties as set out at Appendix 1 to the private, circulated report, be approved;
3. That the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader of Council, be given delegated authority to finalise the legal agreement and any associated documentation (including but not limited to indemnities and warranties) to enable the transfer of the waste service from NPT Recycling Ltd to the Council;
4. That following registration of the environmental permit in the Council the Company Directors of NPT Recycling Ltd and NPT Waste Management Ltd arrange to appoint a Liquidator and to move each company into voluntary liquidation;
5. That the Council’s Shareholder Representatives be authorised to make the appropriate directions to NPT Waste Management Ltd to move into Voluntary Liquidation and for NPT Waste Management to also instruct the same to NPT Recycling Ltd;
6. That the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader of Council, be given delegated authority to finalise the legal agreements and any associated documentation (including but not limited to indemnities and warranties) in relation to the liquidation of each company;
7. That a further report be prepared to decide the final operation of the MREC waste facility services following the end of the period of consultation with NPT Recycling Ltd.’s employees.
Reason for Decisions:
To enable progress on the transfer of waste services from NPT Recycling Ltd, to the Council in line with legalisation and the Cabinet decision of 25 July, 2018.
Implementation of Decisions:
The decisions will be implemented after the three day call in period.
Publication date: 06/03/2019
Date of decision: 06/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/03/2019 - Cabinet